Over the next week, I will be sharing with you our adventures and tales of how we filled our 7 days on the Isle of Skye!
Now, for anyone who has never heard of Skye, where have you been for the last few years?
For those that have heard of Skye but just need a little more persuasion as to why you should visit then this is going to be the blog for you!
Before I start, I thought I would share with you a few interesting Facts about the beautiful Isle.
- It is situated off the west coast of Scotland (Dont worry, they get better!)
- It is the largest of the Inner Hebrides
- 9000 people live there
- Over half of them speak Gaelic
- The BFG was filmed here, along with the film Stardust
- And finally, my favourite little nugget of information Jax, a black Labrador was chief stamp licker at the Post Office in Portree. However, he was promoted in January 2018 to head of Security – Go Jax!
Now, onto the stuff you really want to read – What is there to do on a remote island off the west coast of Scotland?